As a customer of West End Motor Group, we may in certain circumstances collect and process your personal data in the course of our business with you. Under the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016 / 679 (GDPR) you are entitled to be informed of what data we will hold and how we intend to use that data. This Privacy Statement informs you of what data we collect, why we collect it and the lawful conditions we consider appropriate for the processing of your personal data.
Data We Collect
‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, most common data being name, address, email or telephone number
We may collect, store and process the following types of personal data relating to you through our website, online enquiry forms, by telephone, email or in person in our branches:
- Information that you provide to us if enquiring about purchasing goods or services from us, including name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Information that you provide to us in order to purchase goods or services from us including date of birth, finance details, photographic proof of identity, and proof of income.
- CCTV information for security purposes at our branches.
- Information that we are legally bound to provide to third parties including driving licence details.
Why We Need this Information
Personal data we collect from you will be used for the purposes it was provided, including the following:
- In order for you to form a legally binding contract with us.
- In order that we can propose and secure a finance agreement for you if required.
- In order for us to verify your identity.
- To contact you in the event of any vehicle safety recalls.
- To contact you for non-marketing purposes which we consider to be for legitimate interest reasons including MOT reminders, service reminders and customer service surveys.
- To send you marketing information only with your express written consent.
Marketing and Sharing Personal Data
On occasion we may use your personal data to inform you about relevant products and offers. We will collect information from you including how you would like us to contact you and use your information to contact you about products, services and offers which we think may be suitable for you. We will give you separate options to receive information about offers relating to sales, about offers relating to servicing or about offers from third party partners.
There may be instances where we share your personal data with third party organisations where it would be reasonable to do so, these include:
- Finance companies where you have entered into a Finance Agreement.
- Insurance companies where you have purchased Guaranteed Asset Protection.
- Vehicle manufacturers where you have purchased a vehicle from one of our franchised dealerships.
However, we will not share your personal data with other organisations for marketing purposes unless we have your express written consent to do so.
There may be circumstances when we are legally obliged to share your personal data e.g.
- To the extent that we are legally obliged to do so by law.
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information, where in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonable likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
We may use your personal information to contact you for reasons that we consider are in our commercial interests and / or the interests of our customers. We consider these Legitimate Interests to be:
- To contact our customers in order to gain feedback on the service we have provided.
- To contact our customers to remind them of vehicle service and MOT due dates.
Security of Personal Data
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
As a result of West End Motor Group processing your personal data you have a number of individual rights:
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request – Upon receipt of such a request, we will, after confirming identity provide all relevant data we may hold to you, in the most practical format and as soon as possible. We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- You may instruct us to correct any inaccuracies in that personal data which we will do as quickly as possible.
- You may instruct us to no longer process your personal data for marketing or any other purposes, which we will do as quickly as possible.
- You may instruct us to destroy some/all of your personal data which we will do as quickly as possible.
- You may in certain circumstances request that your data is transferred to another service provider.
The West End Motor Group web sites use “cookies” to help improve your online experience.
A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by our web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer and are safe.
Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by our web server that issued the cookie to you.
None of the cookies on our web sites collect or store personal data, we only store standard internet log data for our internal reporting purposes. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the West End Motor Group web sites. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone, keeping your privacy as well as allowing us to improve our web sites wherever possible.
The West End Motor Group web sites collect some personal / identifiable information but this is always done through asking you the user to enter details such as your email address. We will never capture personal information without making you aware first.
You still have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the West End Motor Group web sites.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ Alternatively, you can search the internet for other independent information on cookies.
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioners Office and our Registration Numbers are:
|Perth Honda Ltd||Registration number||Z1981352|
|West End Garage||Registration number||Z4948238|
|West End Suzuki||Registration number||ZA013605|
|City Quay Car Services||Registration number||Z1893474|
Should you have any concerns or questions about how we process and store your personal data please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our handling of your personal data, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office via the following:
Telephone 0303 123 1113
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time so please check our website for updates.
Get in touch